Sunday, May 2, 2010

Classic Chicken Salad


I had 3 chicken breasts in the freezer left over from last week. I threw together a chicken salad for dinner tonight. I hesitate to call the following a "recipe", because chicken salad is the type of thing that I throw together without measuring or preplanning. I add in whatever tickles my taste buds on a particular day. Green onions and curry powder, dried cranberries and almonds, the possibilities go on!
Tonight I made a very classic version that calls up memories of the ubiquitous baby shower finger sandwiches from the 90s.

Classic Chicken Salad

3 chicken breasts
1 tbsp chicken bouillon powder
2 bay leaves, dried
pinch salt, dash pepper
1/3-1/2 cup mayo (per your preference)
juice of 1/2 lemon
chopped parsley
1 small rib of celery, minced
sprinkle of paprika

1) Place chicken breasts in a deep skillet and cover with cool water. Add bouillon, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Cover, and poach over medium high heat until cooked through.
2) Let the chicken come to room temperature. Chop chicken into small pieces. Add remaining ingredients and combine well.

That's it! So simple, so satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment